An important part of the Human Rights Commission's mandate is to educate and inform the public about the Human Rights Act. The Commission believes that the best way to reduce the occurrence of human rights violations is to ensure that all people and organizations know what their rights and responsibilities are under the Act.
The Commission is working to develop new resources for public use. In addition, the Commission is always pleased to give presentations and information sessions for any interested organizations, groups, or individuals. If you would like to discuss scheduling a presentation, please contact the Commission.
Note: all links below are PDFs and will open in a new window.
- The Human Rights Act (381 KB)
- Making a Complaint to the Human Rights Commission (210 KB)
- Frequently Asked Questions (387 KB)
- Guidelines for Age-Based Discrimination in Employment (72 KB)
- Guidelines re: The Use of Service Animals (116 KB)
- Guidelines for Sexual Harassment in the Workplace (48 KB)
- Updated guidelines regarding gender identity and gender expression (81 KB)
- Guidelines re: ‘Gender Identity’ and ‘Gender Expression’ (172 KB)
- Guidelines for Accommodation of Pregnancy in the Workplace (1.8 MB)
- Guidelines for Workplace Alcohol and Drug Testing Policies (1.8 MB)
- Guidelines Regarding Employment of Persons with Criminal Convictions (1.4 MB)
- Guidelines for Accommodation of Environmental Sensitivities (1.2 MB)
- Guidelines for Special Programs (1.1 MB)
- Human Rights and the Political Process (1.0 MB)
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free.