This module brought together some of the lessons we have learned about
privacy legislation, the 10 principles of privacy and some safeguards that we
can apply to address privacy issues in general.
In this module you learned:
- How government institutions implement accountability for protection of
- Things to consider when collecting personal information
- Some issues regarding use, disclosure and retention of personal
- Issues related to accuracy and accessing records containing personal
- Safeguards that should be applied to protect personal information
- That we must be open with our policies and procedure
- That individuals should be able to question how we treat their personal
In the Assessment, we will test what
you have learned, through a series of interactive questions.
To learn about useful websites which can help you further the knowledge you
have gained in this course, visit the Additional